We started construction of building for our proposed Mega ‘Advance Therapy, Rehabilitation and Training Centre’ which is being built in land area of about 38,000 square feet meant exclusively for poor specially abled children ( Divyaangjan) in the year 2021 by the grace of Almighty near Varanasi. Children from not just Uttar Pradesh but also from Bihar, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, West Bengal and Madhya pradesh would come to this centre. Although we are getting partial support from Morning Light, Switzerland, we very much seek support of community, corporate sector and various Government agencies for further substantial generous support as the initial project itself still require big help in order for it to become functional.
The modern therapy centre will provide the most important and common types of therapies for the poor C.P. and physically specially abled children, who cannot afford to pay for the therapies.
At present we are offering the following services-
- Corrective Surgery : Operation of the physically handicapped children with congenital deformity.
- Physical Therapy : Physiotherapy is an important therapy to improve muscle strengthening, balance, mobility, posture, crawling, walking and also to build confidence from within.
- Yoga Therapy : This includes mind and body exercises, meditation, massage, acupuncture and breathing exercises.
- Music & Dance Therapy : Helps improvement in learning, motivation, relaxation and language skills. But in future Sanjeevani intends to offer the following therapies at the Advanced Therapy Centre:-
- Play & Social Therapy : Helps to learn to express themselves better and gives an opportunity for parents to see how their child interacts socially during play. This can be extremely beneficial especially for children who have difficulty with communication.
- Energy Therapy : Energy therapy involves manipulating the child’s energy fields in an attempt to promote energy flow in the body and aid in well being.
- Speech Therapy : Help children towards Speech and communication development.
- Movement Therapy : Helps to promote spiritual, physical, emotional and mental balance.
- Massage Therapy : Improves musculoskeletal and circulatory system.
- Behaviour Therapy : One of the most important therapies. Helps children having difficulties with emotion and to change the negative behaviour into more desirable, adaptive behaviour patterns.
- Occupational Therapy : Includes development of fine skills, uses of hands in daily activities like feeding, toileting, dressing & bathing etc, play, academics, mealtime and much more. Hence it is extremely beneficial.
- Aqua Therapy : Also known as Water Therapy, promotes physical function and control, improve muscle tone, confidence & independence.
- Vocational Therapy : Promotes skill development, improve concentration and mental status. Other than CP children those children operated at the centre can choose any trade to suit their capability & capacity.
We are also planning to include Orthotic & Prosthetic making for physically handicapped children for their better rehabilitation.